Our Advisory Board is growing. Currently it includes (in alphabetical order):
||STOP CASSINI EARTH FLYBY|
Board of Advisors
- Dr. Helen Caldicott
- Founder of Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Bruce Gagnon
- Co-director of the Global Network Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
- Prof. Karl Grossman
- For almost 30 years this inspirational man has pioneered combining investigative reporting and environmental journalism in a variety of media.
- We have dedicated several pages on this site to his work.
- Regina Hagen
- User Information and Software Engineer and Technical translator
- German activist, participated in development of the German "Stoppt Cassini" campaign together with the Darmstaedter Friedensforum, and the Friedens-
und Begegnungsstaette Mutlangen. Her interests include establishing a criteria re: the usefulness of space missions and having Darmstadt become a nuclear weapon free zone with the City Council actively supporting Abolition 2000.
- Dr. Michio Kaku
- Professor of Theoretical Physics, City University of New York
- Co-author of "To Win a Nuclear War"
- He is one of the world's leading authorities on Einstein's Unified Field Theory and is the co-founder of string field theory.
- Martin Kelley
- Director of the Nonviolence Web, host of our site
- Serves also on the Board of the New Society Educational
- Dr. William Ross McCluney
- Optical physicist and solar scientist, Ph.D. in
Physics from the University of Miami
- Principal Research Scientist, Research
and development Division, at the Florida Solar Energy Center (the listing of
Ross McCluney's affiliation with the Florida Solar Energy Center and the
University of Central Florida is for identification purposes only).
employee at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, now pursues work in
environmental ethics and scientific responsibility
- Dr. Carol Sue Rosin
- Founder, Institute for Security and Cooperation in Outer Space, ISCOS
- First woman exec in an aerospace industry
- Spokesperson for the late Dr. Wernher von Braun, "father of rocketry"
- Space and missile defense consultant who helped start the movement to ban weapons from space
- Testified numerous times before the Congress about the feasibility of banning all space based weapons.
- Dr. Ernest J. Sternglass
- Emeritus Professor of Radiological Physics in the Department of Radiology,
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- While he was there he was director of the Radiological
Physics and Engineering Laboratory.
- He has carried out extensive studies on the health effects of
low-level radiation and is the author of "Secret Fallout, Low-Level Radiation from Hiroshima to
Three Mile Island," published by McGraw-Hill in 1981.
- Harvey Wasserman
- Senior Advisor to Greenpeace USA
- Barbara Wiedner
- Founder/Director of Grandmothers for Peace
We expect to be adding many more key individuals on the Board of Advisors
for the Action Committee to Stop the Cassini Earth Flyby.
Our challenge is to unite with one another to stop the Cassini space
probe's flyby of Earth. Please consider networking with us in this direction to end the misuse of technologies capable of the mass destruction of life.
The Action Site to Stop the Flyby needs your support!
This page was last revised 7/8/99 11:05:38 AM by The NoFlyby Webmaster
Now is the
time to unite to stop Cassini and Space-Based Weapons.
This site was hosted on The Nonviolence Web, and is now hosted on www.FlyByNews.com. NoFlyby is also affiliated with
The Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space.